We Need Your Help

Discussion in 'Archive' started by BigJazzz, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Caraxi

Caraxi Retired +Supporter Retired Staff

creative version of builders wand can be built legit.
  2. akondar

akondar Global Moderator Staff Member Global Mod

ok, didn't know that, good to know :p
    Still if its hard to build might as well use it as a possible
  3. digdugdash

digdugdash automotanator

FYI: I believe there might be at least 3 different players/teams now who can craft the upgraded Extra Utils stuff. But I still think that it's a good idea for a vote reward because I would have killed for one earlier and it's difficult to imagine what an earlier player could have to trade with someone who has reached that level.
  4. KazzieBear

KazzieBear Crazy Bee Lady

I second the idea for beehive as option for vote points, maybe rocky hive as this is always pristine princess on drop which is most useful to people :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. mjc4wilton

mjc4wilton Emperor Of Space

the ability to get donator, emerald, and possibly supporter if you have a bizillion credits
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. digdugdash

digdugdash automotanator

How about items that require potentially laggy setups to generate like an octuple block, a resurrection stone, etc?
  7. I definitely agree with most of these suggestions, especially things that cant be automated easily as @digdugdash said, namely iridium and other items that are dungeon-loot or rare/hard to make only. make me much more inclined to vote if i can grab 3 or more iridium a day, and honestly, when crafting the vajra/gravitron armor that 3 is going to help in some aspects, but wont unbalance the work needed to get iridium.

Dragon hearts would be interesting but maybe cost 3 credits due to people spamming them and getting endgame ingots quickly, destroying the fragile economy. definitely octuple because i have been waiting for months using a potentially laggy setup and im yet to get a single octuple. Mob souls definitely as those are exceedingly rare now. maybe other hard to make items like super builder's wand but that kinda ruins the fun due to the nature of the ritual. basically anything that could stop laggy setups.

I highly recommend the iridium because not many people have the infrastructure to create iridium, and also considering the runic dungeons dimension is closed there is no viable option to create iridium other than have huge quantities of Mass fabricators/recyclers/cobble gens/replicators to make a feasible amount. it will also encourage people to use ic2, which is a very bad mod right now, and many hate it...
  8. Sorry for bumping the old thread, but I think turtle permissions would be cool to give away for like 1000 vote points. I'll be saving all my voting points in the hopes that it gets added one day :p
  9. BigJazzz

BigJazzz The Fabulous Staff Member Global Mod

Well, I'll tell you now then: that won't happen. :(
  10. The dreeeammmms... shattered :p 10,000 then?
  11. akondar

akondar Global Moderator Staff Member Global Mod

Turtles are restricted for very specific reasons. They will not be unrestricted.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. BigJazzz

^^
  13. LogicallyUnfit

LogicallyUnfit Helper Monkey B Minecraft Mod Web Admin Helper

drac hearts for vote points ( or a recipe )
  14. digdugdash

digdugdash automotanator

Any progress getting bedrockium added? Maybe 9 votes for an Octuple cobble block?
  15. BigJazzz

Not going to happen.

Was discussed, no real consensus yet.
  16. digdugdash

digdugdash automotanator

The last accepted suggestion on this thread is seven months old.

I recommend either the admin team actually provide some explicit guidelines we can use to understand why every other suggestion is rejected (including suggestions that could have a massive impact on lag) so we can make better suggestions; or you close this thread and move it into the Archive since it's clearly stale.
  17. DamageDoctor

DamageDoctor Enlightened Staff Member Admin

We are looking at options to reduce lag but unfortunately none of these are really a solution to what the underlying issue is. Most of these just "end game" faster than you already can. IMHO Infinity Normal hardly needs assistance in end gaming.

Some of the options we are currently considering include those that are short term lag creators like Chaos Dragon killing. We are just trying to balance what is an acceptable trade off for these items.

The underlying lag issues are just part of FTB in a multiplayer environment with lots of users online at the same time. When the server has to process more than 1000 chunks of highly intensive machines etc in 50ms then its going to struggle.
  18. digdugdash

digdugdash automotanator

I was pretty surprised earlier when the claim was made that an upgraded Induction Smelter represented "endgame", but I think I'm just genuinely baffled how a few hundred lapis and iron now defines "endgame". I look forward to next month when the ongoing "endgame deflation" reaches the point when smelting glass will be considered "endgame". :)
  19. DamageDoctor

DamageDoctor Enlightened Staff Member Admin

I am confused. How does a request of dragon hearts for votes (or something similar) not represent endgame materials?

If what you are asking for is so easy and only costs a few hundred iron and lapis then why even bother voting for it?
  20. digdugdash

digdugdash automotanator

You didn't quote Logic specifically, you posted after me on the thread with a generic "we're refusing all these requests because we think EM is already too easy and we don't believe it will do anything about lag."

So I took that to mean your response also included my post, which I found bewildering because bedrockium production on CraftAU is in almost no meaningful way inhibited by what I thought I understood as "endgaminess" - in terms of the original mod as written by the mod author you can pretty much start making bedrockium from the moment you have a Hammer, but on CraftAU this process is mostly inhibited by "admingosmashiness".

The life/soul shards are way way way wayyyy more endgame than bedrockium is. Having built both a bedrockium factory and done all the necessary steps to open the Convocation of the Damned I'm pretty confident saying that they're not even in the same order of magnitude of effort, yet the demon village shards are in the vote shop and allow people to completely bypass the process the mod author intended to be used for obtaining them, letting people skip to T6 altars and the top-tier blood orb. But they're in there because (as I understand it) the Convocation is considered too problematic for the server and deactivated, so I figured that other setups considered problematic for the server might also be good suggestions for the vote shop.