We Need Your Help

Discussion in 'Archive' started by BigJazzz, Aug 26, 2015.

1. BigJazzz

BigJazzz The Fabulous Staff Member Global Mod

As you know, you can vote for our server and get credits to use in the /vote store. However, the store has sort of been in limbo for a while, and it's time to look at what we offer.

To that end, we're opening up the floor for suggestions on what you can buy with your voting credits. Please note, that any silly, frivolous or unfeasible suggestions will be ignored.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Low-lag power generating devices for people new on the server. Namely, solar panels from both IC2 and Solar Expansion. Lower tier of course.

EDIT: Also Industrial Hemp from Immersive Engineering! it takes ages to grow, and I wouldn't mind just buying it in a store.
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. DamageDoctor

DamageDoctor Enlightened Staff Member Admin

My suggestion would be for something high-end / not normally obtainable but price it fairly high so that only the most loyal / dedicated players can obtain it.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. DamageDoctor

DamageDoctor Enlightened Staff Member Admin

My only concern with this is how OP Infinity already is. People can end game in a very short period of time.
  5. Caraxi

Caraxi Retired +Supporter Retired Staff

Like the people with many ultimate solars already -.-
    • uMad Bro? uMad Bro? x 1
  6. akondar

akondar Global Moderator Staff Member Global Mod

With a reasonable quarry, coupled with infinite lava power and things like the laser drill / excavator its not surprising.
  7. Caraxi

1 Ultimate solar panel is 10600 Steel Ingots, 10600 Lapis, 42600 Iron
    Its still an insane amount of resources, even with those things
  8. digdugdash

digdugdash automotanator

How many months of playtime is it supposed to take to get an ultimate solar?

A month? Two months? A year?

Ten people working together for a week is over two months of effective playtime.
  9. Caraxi

The steel alone takes a solid week to make in a single blast furnace
    The base I'm talking about has at least 8 ultimates already
  10. SeirVed

SeirVed Fractal Representation of Unknown Self-Similarity

sell activated sigil, sell drum of BM mana, sell terra steel, sell random Drac-Evo soul, sell Pam's Feast.
    Mainly just one thing from each mod that takes a bit of effort, and jack up the price.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. digdugdash

digdugdash automotanator

Pretty sure 4 max augmented Induction Furnaces will not take a week.

Pretty sure that base has something crazy like over a half dozen MFR laser drills too powered by 8 overclocked turbines, so resources are not an issue.
  12. digdugdash

digdugdash automotanator

As for actual suggestions:
    - Dragon Hearts
    - Iridium
    - Primal Pearls

basically stuff that late/end-game players can't actually automate to encourage people to keep voting.

edit: should say "not easy to automate".
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  13. SeirVed

SeirVed Fractal Representation of Unknown Self-Similarity

O you
  14. akondar

Potentially the seed from Botania that creates the enchanted soil, which is normally a rare dungeon chest item.
    Also I believe we are considering the demon drops from bloodmagic, possibly some of the drops from botania or thaumcraft as well.
    Perhaps a collection of books for witchery, including those for the vampire line.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. beehives and shimmerleaf are a another couple thing that could be good,(shimmerleaf needed for ethereal bloom and is worldgen only)
  16. digdugdash

digdugdash automotanator

FYI: Shimmerleaf is no longer worldgen only - the right kind of bee an make it spread. I agree finding the first of each Hive can be a challenge, though most players (such as myself) will probably happily share the gene for all the base Hive species.
  17. BigJazzz

BigJazzz The Fabulous Staff Member Global Mod

Soul and Life Shards from the Demon Invasion have been added to the vote store already.
  18. Nether Stars, they are a pain to get early game
  19. digdugdash

digdugdash automotanator

Actually nether stars should be fairly easy to make now that there's a public grinder for the Skele's and the Wither bosses are unable to break out of any solidly thick box inside a claim protection.

But I'll happily trade you a stack of my nether stars if you spend your votes on life shards. :)
  20. akondar

One idea I did have, that would require admin permission, is to allow the creative version of the builders wand via votes. As far as I'm aware it still uses the material from your inventory but it would allow dedicated voters access to the best large scale rapid build tool possible.
    • Agree Agree x 1