FTB Infinity world reset????

Discussion in 'Archive' started by darkcamo12, Aug 15, 2015.

?

reset the world?

Poll closed Aug 18, 2015.
  1. Yes. Start fresh (see Note 1)

65.9%
  2. No. I like lag (see Note 2)

2.3%
  3. Yes. One double chest of items, with restrictions (see Note 3)

31.8%
  1. darkcamo12

darkcamo12 Owner Staff Member Admin

The time has come to decide… Do we keep the old world or start again?

As many people know, we were waiting to see how the server handled the world once it was moved to the new server. And well… it still lags badly. So I’m putting this to the players for a community decision on what we should do.

Notes:

1. Yes, this means everything is gone. (I won’t be able to host the world for download as it is far too large)
    2. If you decide to keep the world as is, you can’t keep complain about the lag. Agreement to keep the world voids this response, and complaints will result in a kick
    3. If you decide to move to a new world, you will have the choice to take 1 double chest (two wooden chests side-by-side) of items across with you (your player inventory will not be transferred). However, the caveat is that you can’t take items that hold inventory, such as ME Storage Cells (component parts are fine), Golden Bags of Holding, Draconic Chests, etc. For a list of items/blocks that aren’t allowed, please see http://mc-a.us/restrictedlist. Please note, this list is subject to change regularly, and should be checked often
    • Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  2. BigJazzz

BigJazzz The Fabulous Staff Member Global Mod

My, that style of writing seems vaguely familiar. :p
  3. Mmmm yes world resets. No should not be an option.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  4. BigJazzz

Lol! Sadly, we need to give them the option.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. If people vote option 1 and option 3 wins the votes, is everybody allowed to take the benefits of option 3? and vice versa also any idea on when voting will close?
  6. kiln as a lot of people want the items they vote for option 3 obviously but the people who are saying just start fresh voted for it because they didn't want the chest of items. I assume it will be the leading amount of votes in either. I reckon if 1 beats 3, 3 voters miss out to keep the game balanced. If some people are starting fresh so should everybody else. If 3 wins everybody can decide to have their chest or not.

It's also easier for the admins to make a fresh server. If people take across their base it creates the same problem of a lot of lag before we even start and you end up shooting yourself in the foot. Up to Camo/Cara in the end but looks like new map so yay =D

If option 3 does win, would like to make it the Great Treasure Hunt for the items =D So people don't start out end game and have some fun at the same time =D You can drop small clues around the map and hide the items in hard to reach places =D
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Quetzel11

Quetzel11 Mayor Of Space

I didn't hop on the Infinity server when it started up, so I've been hesitant to get started now, so late in the game. That being said, I wouldn't mind a reset, if not just because I find it more fun to start on a server when everyone is just starting out.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. BigJazzz

Yes. It's a vote. If you vote 1 and don't want the chest you don't take it.

No idea. We need to give as many players as possible a chance to vote.
    • uMad Bro? uMad Bro? x 1
  9. DamageDoctor

DamageDoctor Enlightened Staff Member Admin

Be brave, start fresh!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. BigJazzz

Nuuuuuuuu! Some items! :'(
  11. Seems obvious the way people vote. Most that I have seen on the server regularly this past month orso vote option 3 because of all the work they have put into bases recently. Everyone else votes option 1 for an equal playing field, I would assume they have less to lose or haven't played as recently so not as fused starting over from scratch.
    Not a big deal either way, doesn't take long in a kitchen sink pack to grow quickly :)
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Oh my fancy, guessum ill have to start the rail system again, How ever will i cope... (Written in sarcastic ink) But Its about time for the reset especially cause its been in the making for a while
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Rellith

Rellith Starmade Admin Staff Member Empyrion Mod

[​IMG]
    • Trolling Trolling x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. binary

binary The 1 to the 0. Staff Member ARK Mod Discord Mod

so can we reset tonight?
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Clearly the votes are in favour of a reset. I don't think that's going to change from here. I voted option 3 but would rather the reset to just happen sooner rather than later if it's going to be option 1 (which appears almost certain). I've been playing regularly of late and can't see much point continuing to work on my home on this world if a reset is imminent.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. darkcamo12

darkcamo12 Owner Staff Member Admin

we are already setting up the new world and testing a few things

along with changing a few key rules to do with swild and the nether
    • Like Like x 2
  17. updates aswell?
  18. I also think that the vote is unanimously in the favour for a new world, also most of the votes are in favour of starting fresh (at the moment) on the new server. To the few that voted option 3, You have to be brave and paitent. As we all lose our hours upon days to get to where we are now. And the sooner everyone has had the chance to vote, the sooner we start the new world.
    • Trolling Trolling x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. akondar

akondar Global Moderator Staff Member Global Mod

the vote has been up for about a day. we will leave it a reasonable period of time
    • Dislike Dislike x 1