[COMPLETED] Server Reset

Discussion in 'Archive' started by BigJazzz, Jan 12, 2016.

?

When should we reset the map?

Poll closed Jan 19, 2016.
  1. Now (within the next couple of days)

30 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. BigJazzz

BigJazzz The Fabulous Staff Member Global Mod

Hey all

We're going to reset the map, and wanted a feel for when you'd like that to occur.
  2. Just get it over with then
  3. darkcamo12

darkcamo12 Owner Staff Member Admin

If that's the way you feel @Falkner35, but you are not the only person who playas on the server.

This to other ppl would mean there is a whole new world to explore, less lag (not going to say none), less people complaining the map is full (but that's my opinion). Take it as you please because I hear all the same complaints about a reset every time, but here is the bottom line: it's a free to play server and the ones who donate get benefits out of it, whether it be chunk loaders or more protected area. They'll continue to get these benefits every reset, if they continue to donate to keep the server up.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. DamageDoctor

DamageDoctor Enlightened Staff Member Admin

In my humble opinion we are certainly overdue for a reset in the majority of the worlds. A reset will potentially also allow us to fix some functionality that isn't currently working i.e. Runic Dungeons.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lucky I didn't object to ANYTHING you just said then
  6. digdugdash

digdugdash automotanator

I'm seeing some mixed messages here.

If we need to reset to push to a new pack or a new incompatible version or with extra stuff that provides something *new* for players, that's one thing.

But if we're just wiping everything because... lag? That seems far less enticing to players who have already explored and spend a fair bit of time in the current pack.

Especially if it's unclear what exactly will get fixed by it. We don't actually take people seriously when they say "the map is too full" do we? And issues like Runic Dungeons seem trivial to work around (I just added a portal to North of Spawn because I forgot other people can't get there). If another dimension needs resetting, why don't we do that too (just like The End is reset all the time)?

It's obviously up to the people who own the server of course, but I feel like this is mostly stick and not really any clear carrot for established players. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. darkcamo12

its not fixing lag nothing will ever fix lag the lag will always be there because ppl still tend to treat the server as there own

im also going to add rftools in minus the dimension creating which i also found doesnt like the current world (was at work and couldnt put that in the OP)

and also its about time for a reset, next month will mean the world is 6 month old which i think is a good time for a reset
  8. Yea i tend to agree with Dash. Unless the server is moving to a new modpack i'm not interested with a reset. Anyone that says the map is too full hasnt used the /map.
    I've just gotten to the stage where its enjoyable and no longer a grind. I'm totally against a map reset. however if theres no other choice, just rip it off like a bandaid and do it tonight. no point in progressing my stuff through the week to wipe it at the end.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. No Reset plz
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I haven't been playing the Infinity server as long as some others and I feel a map reset is necessary too. Just my opinion, it will be nice playing on a clean slate and level ground again. Plus, my current house is too big and ugly...
  11. I think its the perfect time. We are gonna update to a new version, a map reset as well makes perfect sense
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. darkcamo12

we are updating to the recommended but i know there are more versions ready to be pushed to recommended
  13. Looks like Jazz's castle is getting a revision.

BRING IT!~
    • Like Like x 1
  14. BigJazzz

LOL!!!! @Jaymonkey0 you know I appreciate teh work you've done. :p
  15. MisterNormie

MisterNormie New Miner Spam Cleaner

Hmmm. I in particular don't feel like grinding though everything again, but if I have to I have to.

This could be a good opportunity to look through everything and see where the server can be improved. Changing or rules and such. A fresh start should atleast make it easier to keep on top of everything on the Mod side of things
  16. BigJazzz

Rules have only recently been updated. ;)
  17. MisterNormie

MisterNormie New Miner Spam Cleaner

True. Should make spawn interesting..er this time around haha.

Also I am curious, would you guys ever consider putting this map up for a download to use it in SP?
  18. BigJazzz

19. Jazz....Do you think the map needs ressetting?... really only get less than20 players on a day.. so i believe it doesnt need ressetting... there is plenty of map!
  20. BigJazzz

Tbh, yeah. The lag is getting worse and worse. And sure, there's plenty of map left, but we also have a lot of claims that have been made that the players have abandoned. So a restart would assist with that.

It would also give everyone a chance to start fresh and on equal footing.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1